Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Saturday Car Show

Saturday of the Memorial Day weekend was everything a such a day should be. I had made a date with our friend, Jo, to ride out and find pie so I already had the pretty girl and motorcycle angle covered.
Friday night, my compadre called and informed me there was one heck of a custom car and hotrod show going on across town and we should ride over and check it out, come morning. I'm not a car guy, in the sense of being knowledgeable, but I enjoy seeing them restored or customized. To make a short story long, the three of us rode over and had a look.

It was a beautiful morning full of great machines.


Photobucket


My bud was the shutterbug du jour and pressed Jo into car model duty. She put Vanna White in the shade.


Photobucket


There were a good number of T's, of course.

Photobucket

This beauty wanted me to take her home.

Photobucket

The show was also a walk down Memory Lane for me and my bud. A college running mate drove a truck like this one and there were many cars from the fifties and sixties that were popular in our high school days.

Photobucket


This Caddy was beautifully done, but it made the words, "pimp my ride" spring to mind.


Photobucket


Photobucket

The owner of this '40 Ford coupe (with a Corvette engine) is the man I buy my fiddle strings from.
I've told him in the past that he's put my money to good use.



Photobucket


Photobucket

This radical custom '53 Studebaker was very popular.

Photobucket

Doors by Texas Aggies.




What's a hotrod show without classic hotrods?

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Jo had somewhere to be so we loaded up the scoot and scooted. Its just as well; if we'd stayed we may have been put to work raising windows and rag tops against the rain that blew in, a little later.


No comments:

Motorcycle Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Share the adventure: "Head for the Hills"

Share the adventure: "Head for the Hills"
Words and pictures about our ride.